Please look out for our regular ParentMails and look under Whole School News for our Coronavirus Updates
Here at Larkrise we believe that the most effective school is one where individuality and differences are celebrated and where everyone is valued.
We are proud of every child who enters our doors. We see potential in all of our children and throughout their time at Larkrise we encourage everyone to realise and reach that potential.
Our 5C Values are at the heart of everything we do. We want all pupils to be:
- In their own abilities.
- In resiliently addressing their next steps.
- In sharing their own thoughts, ideas and opinions.
- To take risks, challenge themselves and try new things.
- To overcome barriers to learning.
- To think outside the box and come up with new ideas.
- Through experiencing a wealth of performing arts, dance, drama and music activities.
- To use a variety of approaches to solve problems.
- Towards others, feeling empathy for people in different situations.
- Towards themselves, understanding their own physical and mental health well-being needs and knowing what to do to look after themselves.
- Towards the planet and our community, understanding issues that affect us globally, nationally and locally.
- To be involved in their learning journeys and to choose topics.
- About how they learnt and be able to ask interesting questions about how they learnt something.
- To ask and engage with big questions.
- To celebrate their own and others’ successes and learning journeys.
- To celebrate the diversity of our community and respect everyone’s spiritual, cultural and religious beliefs.
- To celebrate failure and understand that failing is part of a learning journey to success.
Larkrise is a school where we listen to the views of children, parents/carers and staff to build the best education for our children. We support this by holding a Circles forum every Wednesday morning where issues around school development are put to the whole school for input. These meetings provide an opportunity for everyone to share in decision-making and to have their voice heard.
Together we have created a school where children feel secure and happy, where they grow and learn in a calm, caring, stimulating environment.
We are passionate about our school and work exceptionally hard to create a unique place of learning for young people. If you would like to find out more please come and look around and experience it for yourself.
I look forward to meeting you.
- Welcome. Welcome to our new school website, we hope that you will find everything you want to know about our school here but if there is anything that you cannot find, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- River Learning Trust. We are pleased to announce that as from 1st February 2019 we have formally become part of the River learning Trust. Full details can be found on our River Learning Trust page.